Monday, May 27, 2013

Products I regret buying

Hey guys, so I've already done a holy grail products post so I guess it's time for me to make a "products I regret buying" one. Because the worst thing that can happen whilst your shopping is having bought a product that you hate and can't find a way to use it cause its so horrible. So here's the list of stuff that I've hated to keep you from making the same mistakes. 
1. Summer sky lipstick: 
So this one is the first one of all, and it's for a reason; it's the worst lipstick I've ever tried! I bought cause I thought it was a fuscia pink but I was wrong its like and orange red with like a pinkish undertone but it looks horrible on me, but that's not the worst part cause if I chose the wrong colour that more like my bad instead of the lipsticks. The worst part is that it smells and tastes like gasoline, imagine having gasoline on your lips, it's THAT bad. I don't think anybody tried it before launching it because its just disgusting. 
In the picture you can see they tried making a dupe of the covergirls lip perfection lipsticks, that's the reason I bought it in the first place, I thought that if they had spent so much effort on a nice packaging the product was going to be reasonable at its least. As you can see I was wrong.

2. Ritmo eyeliner:
This is just a simple eyeliner, but I haven't really liked it cause it doesn't have that much pigmentation, you have to glide it a lot so that it can be seen on your waterline plus it clumps, yeah I know an eyeliner that clumps. It does it leaves these huge clumps on your eyelashes. I still have been using it though cause I don't like to throw things away just because I didn't love it, it still works but as soon as I finish this one I'm not ever buying one of their eyeliners again, I've read that Jordana has a nice one, ill see if I can try that one or I'll go back to the Cy Zone's mechanical eyeliner which was nice. 

3. Summer sky liquid foundation:
I know, another Summer Sky product, don't get me wrong the fact that there are three of their products here doesn't mean you can't buy any of their products. Some of them are good, for example their lipglosses stay on forever, they are kind of sticky but that gives them the staying power so I love those. I have one of their bronzers which I bought to countour, but I don't use them for that because I look too skinny when I contour I use the bronzer like an eyeshadow cause its has this beautiful golden shimmer I love. Their blushes are good too so don't get fooled by some of the bad reviews I give of any brand here, they all have good and bad products the thing is just finding wwhich are good and which are bad. 
Going back to the review of the liquid foundation first of all I picked the wrong colour and second it doesn't go at all with my oily skin (keep in mind I had no idea I had oily skin when I started using makeup, I found later on) it makes me look very shiny, it's oil free but it has glycerin which I think is the reason why it makes me more oily. It's also kind of heavy; you can feel you're wearing a foundation.

4. Princessa concealer:
Creases like crazy. That's all I have to say. It matches my skin perfectly but it's oil based so it creases, I tend to blot it after applying it so that it doesn't crease as much but sometimes it creases anyways. I'm trying to finish it to upgrade to a maybellines or a revlon concealer.

5. Summer sky loose powder:
 The problem with this one is that it doesn't match my colour and it doesn't go well with my oily skin, so it could be a good product but not for me cause its not mattifying. I'm considering to try a "rice" powder cause they have oil absorbing properties or I could just buy covergirls clean powder for oily skin, I would really like to try maybellines dream matte cause I've heard wonders of it but they only have light and medium shades :( 
Ok so that's it for the products I regret buying, I know these are really cheap products but I do think somebody has to review them cause we can find a ton of reviews online of drugstore and high end makeup products and the cheap ones dont get as much attention even though there's a huge amount of people buying them. So I like to dedicate some time talking about these cause there are buyers who would like to know about them before spending their money on them even though they're so cheap. Plus, this blog has to be different in some way, we already have tons of NARS, NYX and Revlon reviews don't we? 

No comments:

Post a Comment